Event Production Associate
Do you have hands-on creative skills and a flair for working with the public? You could be part of the team that creates some of New York’s most beloved entertainment experiences.
With national visibility and local accolades as the tri-state area’s top source for family friendly entertainment, Historic Hudson Valley (www.hudsonvalley.org) educates and entertains more than 300,000 visitors a year through our school programs, house tours, and large-scale special events like the Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze and Horseman’s Hollow.
Historic Hudson Valley, Westchester County’s largest cultural organization, seeks hard-working, enthusiastic, outgoing Production Associates who will help build, create, and deliver these superb family entertainment events.
Production Associates are involved in all aspects of these events…everything from creating and building installations to meeting, greeting, and interacting with visitors, to breaking it all down at the end.
These are part-time, seasonal positions (March – December) that offer and require a lot of flexibility (weekend, holiday, and evening availability are a must.)
You must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather. Acting experience and a stagehand/set design background are plusses, as is familiarity with hand tools and a valid driver’s license. Additional physical requirements:
- Must be able to walk or stand on level, inclined and unpaved surfaces for extended periods
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, lift in any direction for sustained periods of time
- Must be able to grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders
- Must be able to sustain movement/motion of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Must be able to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly fingertips
- Must be able to routinely climb/descend stairs and ladders
- Must be able to read and interpret written material and instructions
- Must be able to communicate (i.e. clearly express and exchange ideas) by voice and detect sound by ear (e.g. receive detail information and make fine discriminations in sound)
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depths
- Must be able to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
Are you that special kind of person who can work well independently and also as part of a collaborative team? We definitely want to hear from you.
Besides a congenial working environment, starting pay rate of $14.00 per hour and flexible hours, Historic Hudson Valley offers:
- FREE and reduced admission to our events and sites for you and your immediate family
- FREE and reduced admission to other participating historic sites and museums
- Discounts: museum shop and café discounts, online MarketPlace; and Verizon service
- Professional development and training
- Working for a highly regarded organization that creates extraordinary experiences for large audiences.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Production Associate” in the subject line. Candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply. No calls please.
Should your skills and qualifications meet our requirements we will contact you to schedule an interview. If we do not contact you, we will keep your resume on file for one year in the event that another position for which you may be suited becomes available. Thank you for your interest in Historic Hudson Valley.