Suffrage and Citizenship in the 21st Century
Pay tribute to fearless women past and present at this summer celebration of suffrage and citizenship. Little revolutionaries will have the chance to make their own “radical cross stitch” crafts, learn suffrage ballads, and share poems about social justice during a visit from Susan Hood, award-winning author of Shaking Things Up: Fourteen Young Women Who Changed the World. Hear them roar!
An initiative of Historic Hudson Valley
Senior (65+): $12
Student (18-25): $12
Members + Children under 17: FREE
$2/ticket surcharge for onsite and phone purchase
Vote Like a Girl is a Women’s History Institute event. The Women’s History Institute is a new Historic Hudson Valley initiative designed to illuminate the significant contributions made by women in our region.
The Institute will foster a deeper understanding of the women who shaped the culture and chronicle of the area, including the diverse women who lived and worked on our sites, and offer a contemporary audience the resources necessary to take inspiration from their history.
Washington Irving’s Sunnyside
3 W Sunnyside Lane, Irvington, NY 10533
Where can I park?
Regular parking is in the Sunnyside parking lot. Follow signs and use the GPS address. Handicapped parking is available.
Is the site wheelchair accessible?
Visitor Center and Site Access
- Handicapped parking is available and handicapped restrooms are available in the Visitor Center.
- The walk from the parking lot to the Visitor Center is approximately 379 feet down a graded wheelchair accessible ramp.
- The walk from the Visitor Center to the Cottage is approximately 570 feet on a graded decline, much of which is on a wide pebble path. From the courtyard of the Cottage back to the Visitor’s Center is approximately 380 feet on a graded incline.
Historic Core and Irving’s Cottage
- The grounds and the first floor of the Cottage are wheelchair accessible.
- There is a narrow, steep flight of stairs (12-15 steps) to the second floor of the house and another steep and winding flight of stairs from the second floor to the kitchen.