Do you have hands-on creative skills? You could be part of the team that creates some of New York’s most beloved entertainment experiences.
With national visibility and local accolades as the tri-state area’s top source for family friendly entertainment, Historic Hudson Valley (www.hudsonvalley.org) educates and entertains more than 300,000 visitors a year through our school programs, house tours, and large-scale special events.
Historic Hudson Valley seeks several experienced artists to join the team responsible for producing The Great Jack O’ Lantern Blaze. Our ideal candidates will have experience as a cameo or intaglio artist, fruit carver, etcher or engraver, block print maker, wood carver, sculptor or tattoo artist. We hand-carve thousands of Jack O’Lanterns to produce this sold out event and need specialty artists to create and produce at a professional pace and work within the guidelines set by our Creative Director, to whom they will report.
This is a part-time opportunity that offers and requires a lot of flexibility. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, be able to do some heavy lifting and moving, and work indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather. Additional physical requirements include:
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, lift in any direction for sustained periods of time
- Must be able to routinely climb/descend stairs and ladders
- Must be able to read and interpret written material and instructions
- Must be able to communicate (i.e. clearly express and exchange ideas) by voice and detect sound by ear (e.g. receive detail information and make fine discriminations in sound)
Besides a congenial working environment, pay rate of $25.00 per hour and flexible hours, Historic Hudson Valley offers:
- FREE and reduced admission to our events and sites for you and your immediate family
- FREE and reduced admission to other participating historic sites and museums
- Museum shop and café discounts
- Working for a highly regarded organization that creates extraordinary experiences for large audiences.
To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Carver” in the subject line. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. No calls please.
Should your skills and qualifications meet our requirements we will contact you to schedule an interview. If we do not contact you, we will keep your resume on file for one year in the event that another position for which you may be suited becomes available. Thank you for your interest in Historic Hudson Valley.