An authentic jewel of the New Nation period
Explore the stone manor house and brick ferry house, wander through the heritage gardens, and stroll down a quiet country road along the Croton River. There, you’ll experience the domestic life of a patriot family living in the years just after the American Revolution—the New Nation period. With its extraordinary collection of colonial and federal furnishings, the manor house illustrates the opulence enjoyed by the Van Cortlandts. In contrast, the ferry house brings alive the strenuous challenges of living in post-Revolutionary America.
Senior (65+): $10
Student (18-25): $10
Child (3-17): $6
Members + Children under 3: FREE
*$2/ticket surcharge for onsite and phone purchases
Tours are available at the following times:
10:30; 12:30; 1:30; 3:00
525 S Riverside, Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520
Is photography allowed?
Photography and video recording for personal use are permitted on the grounds. No photography of any kind is permitted inside the house. Audio recording of the tours is also not permitted.
Are the tours wheelchair accessible?
Visitor Center and Site Access
- Handicapped parking is available and most of the grounds are fully wheelchair accessible. There are handicapped accessible restroom facilities in the Visitor Center.
- The walk from the entrance to the Manor House is approximately 750 feet on a narrow brick walk (it can also be walked on a gravel driveway).
- Most of the grounds are reasonably level and wheelchair accessible, as is the first floor of the Manor House.
- There is limited wheelchair accessibility to the buildings.
- There are 16 steps into the Manor House, two steps down the back exit, and another 12 steps to the kitchen area.
- There is no wheelchair access to the Tenant House.
- There are three steps into the Tenant House.
Is Van Cortlandt Manor available for photo shoots?
Commercial shoots are rarely permitted. We will consider requests from well-funded productions that would have minimal impact on our visitors, staff, and historic sites. Filming inside our historic homes is never permitted.
We cannot accommodate student or independent films.For more information, contact Karen Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are service dogs permitted at Van Cortlandt Manor?
Yes, service dogs are welcome.