By purchasing a ticket to join Historic Hudson Valley’s visitors and staff at one of our historic sites, you and your party (defined as “you”) agree to follow our COVID Courtesy Code, detailed below. Please note that we continue to monitor CDC guidance and New York State requirements and will update this document accordingly.
- We have implemented enhanced health and safety measures to protect you, other visitors, and our staff. You agree to follow all posted instructions while visiting our sites. It is your responsibility to contribute to our efforts to keep you, other visitors, and our staff safe and healthy.
- HHV requires all visitors ages 3 and up to wear protective masks that cover the nose and mouth while indoors on our properties: e.g., in our historic spaces, visitor centers, and Kykuit shuttle buses. Visitors to HHV sites and events are not required to wear masks outside, such as on the grounds or in the parking lots of our properties. There are no exceptions to this policy. We reserve the right to refuse entry and/or eject anyone from our sites or events who do not comply with this requirement. We will not issue refunds to visitors who violate this policy.
- Please practice social distancing wherever possible. Certain experiences will require that you follow a trail with social distance markers to help keep parties separate, and you agree to follow any instructions that will ensure social distancing remains in force.
- By entering, you and everyone in your party confirms that you have not had any viral-like symptoms, including but not limited to fever and cough, in the 48 hours prior to your arrival. If you feel ill, exhibit symptoms, or have had contact with a COVID-19 patient in the last 14 days, please stay home and seek care. Visitors who experience viral-like symptoms while on our property agree to self-identify to Historic Hudson Valley staff before leaving the property.
- Luggage, large bags, tripods, monopods, drones, and other similar personal items are not permitted on our sites and cannot be stored. Please leave these items at home or in your vehicle.
- You acknowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the virus that causes COVID-19, exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and people with certain underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting a Historic Hudson Valley property, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to SARS-CoV-2.